Sunday, March 7, 2010

FOOD

The one thing I have discovered about myself during my time in the Big Apple is my love for food. Growing up in a restaurant I've always had the desire to eat and cook, but I always thought that it was just something that people like to do. I started out exploring in restaurant kitchen then ventured into exploring various recipes off foodnetwork.com. Eventually, when I got into college I explored the world of processed foods and other unhealthy snacks. I started to cook in my own make shift kitchen that was basically a slow cook pot in my dorm room to a kitchen to my shared apartment on campus. I made everything from rice to a thanksgiving feast. Those were some of the best moments of my life.

When I moved into the city, I lost the time and the energy to cook so I started to venture out into restaurants. Since then I have explored various types of cuisines from all over the world. I started to develope a passon for taste, presentation, and service. It wasn't till my bills started racking up and I see that 95% of my spendings went towards supporting my expensive pallet that I started to force myself to cook again at home. Since I lack the space and still the energy to make anything wholesome, I make with what I have from the local grocery stores and whatever my mom decides to stock the fridge with.

But it is interesting to see and keep track of all the places I go. This is why I finally gave up and started to Yelp. However, when I have more time, I will be dedicating more pictures and discussions on food here so this would be truely mine once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment