Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saravana Bhavan

I remember when I first discovered this place last year during the BBQ cookout festival in Madison Square Park. My friend and I were starving and our stomachs could not affording to wait in line for another minute so we ended up walking around to see what we can find to fill our stomachs first.

Then we spotted this Indian restaurant packed with people we decided to give it a try. We were surprised when we took a glance at the menu because it was a lot cheaper than we anticipated. Then we thought that maybe the portions will be small so we decided to order a few things and share, but then half way through taking our order, the waiter advised us that it was plenty of food and we should probably start with what we had ordered and then get more if we wanted more.

I was very glad that he had stopped us because we were stuffed over the edge. This is so far one of my favorites. Although there are still many delicious dishes I have yet to try, everything that I have ordered so far has not let me down. I really enjoy the Poori which is extreamly puffy wheat bread with curry. Yumm...

No comments:

Post a Comment